by Isabel Matos
Just a note before I post the letter. All my friends in Texas say Stovall is easily reached at any time, answers emails, tweets and comments. I hope he wins the primary on March 4th, and sticks to the pledges he has made if beats Cornyn. Stockman is not to be trusted and we need transparency and approachability not the same old politics in races. I WISH Ted Cruz had not just NOT endorsed Cornyn, but he has to do what he has to do. Good luck Texas! How you can help
My fellow Texans,
As we enter the last week of campaigning before election day, I want to share with you what is going through my head at the moment.
We hear from people all over the state that they’re making the decision to vote for our campaign. We are gaining steam and this election is far –FAR– from over! We have until next Tuesday to make phone calls, send emails, and contact everyone we… can think of to engage them in this battle to PUT TEXAS FIRST! Do not sit down! Do not stop talking! Do not become a bystander! Please, continue this fight until the last moment! You can be certain that I will be working until the polls close on March 4th!
What I have learned over the course of this journey will start coming to light over the coming weeks, and I assure you it will make your blood boil when you learn how elections are manipulated by the political class. Listen to what I am saying: stay engaged, stay tuned, and most of all, put on a helmet, it’s going to be a bumpy ride!
Also, this native Texan will never be able to express the gratitude I have for everyone that has come forward to support my campaign. I have said it before and I will day it again, I am truly humbled, and in awe of all of you. For a regular citizen of this great State it is a little overwhelming at times, but in a good way. I have found that the message I bring resonates and binds people together, and that is all I could have hoped for. It is clear to me today that we Texans WILL make a difference. We are gathering in numbers and the will is there; I know it. I can’t truly convey what I feel and the words “Thank you” just don’t seem to be enough, but that is all I have.
So, THANK YOU!
According to Freedom Works here are the 10 worst votes cast by Senator Cornyn:
1. Voted to Let Harry Reid Fund ObamaCare (2013, RCV 206) Senator John Cornyn of Texas voted to end debate and allow Senate Democrats to re-insert funding for ObamaCare into the Continuing Resolution to fund the federal government. Although Cornyn did vote against the final bill, he and all Republicans knew that voting for cloture to end debate would allow Senator Harry Reid to fund ObamaCare by a party-line vote, and thus a vote for cloture was a de facto vote to fund ObamaCare.
2. Voted for the Wall Street Bailout (T.A.R.P.)(2008, RCV 213) Senator Cornyn voted for the $700 billion bailout of Wall Street.
3. Voted for Medicare Part D Senator Cornyn voted to pass Medicare Part D, a massive entitlement expansion that conservatives rightly predicted would tremendously expand the deficit and add trillions of dollars in unfunded liabilities to the federal rolls. (2003, RCV 457)
4. Voted to Increase the Federal Minimum Wage(2007, RCV 42) Senator Cornyn voted for the Fair Minimum Wage Act that increased the federal minimum wage from $5.15 per hour to $7.25 per hour in 2007. Raising the minimum wage is a bad idea because it reduces employment especially among low-skilled workers. The cost of raising the minimum wage is passed onto consumers in the form of higher prices for goods and services.
5. Voted for the Fiscal Cliff Tax Hike(2012, RCV 251) The fiscal cliff was a fake crisis created by Congress and the president. Senator Cornyn voted for the infamous New Year’s Day 2013 fiscal cliff deal that raised taxes on 77 percent of U.S. households and contained no real spending cuts.
6. Cornyn Voted against Fiscally Conservative Budgets
Senator Cornyn voted against three of the best, most fiscally conservative budgets ever proposed in the United States Senate. He voted against Senator Mike Lee of Utah’s FY 2013 budget proposal to balance the budget in five years and save $7 trillion over ten years. (2012, RCV 101) He also voted against Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky’s FY 2012 and FY 2013 budget proposals to balance the budget in five years and save more than $8 trillion over ten years. (2011, RCV 80; 2012, RCV 100) Instead, he favored budget plans that either fail to balance the budget or fail to specify clearly how balance would be achieved.
7. Cornyn Supported Intrusive Internet Regulations (PIPA)
Although he later withdrew his support (under withering fire from internet freedom advocates across the political spectrum), Senator Cornyn voted for the Protect Intellectual Privacy Act (PIPA) in committee. His vote helped move PIPA to the Senate floor, where it met a well-deserved defeat. Under PIPA, the government would have the power to shut down millions of websites. This is economically destructive and a gross violation of our constitutional right to free speech.
8. Cornyn Voted to Allow Warrantless Data Collection on American Citizens
In 2007, Senator Cornyn voted for the FISA Amendments Act, which granted immunity to U.S. telecommunication companies for giving information about their customers to the government without a warrant. This is one of the key provisions that allowed the NSA to conduct its now-publicized warrantless blanket surveillance of American citizens.
9. Cornyn Has Voted to Raise the Debt Ceiling Eight Times
Since entering office in 2002, Senator Cornyn has voted to raise the debt ceiling eight times (including the debt ceiling increase contained in number 1, above). Raising the debt limit only encourages reckless spending in Washington. Congress needs to cut spending and balance the budget—not continue to increase our national debt without any spending reforms or reductions.
10. Cornyn Voted to Reauthorize the Patriot Act (2006, RCV 25) Although he was not present in Congress when the original USA-PATRIOT Act was passed, Senator Cornyn has been an enthusiastic supporter of the controversial law, voting to permanently reauthorize most of its provisions in 2006. Despite its attractive-sounding title, the so-called Patriot Act violates our Fourth Amendment right to privacy, authorizing unprecedented surveillance powers that permit the federal government to spy on U.S. citizens without a warrant.
— Julie Borowski and Dean Clancy contributed to this list. Reasons to vote for Stovall
John Cornyn is part of the problem in D.C. Businessman Dwayne Stovall is for grassroots, small government, immigration control and constitutional conservativism.
Dwayne Stovall pledges to
1. Not increase the federal debt.
2. Restore the U.S. Constitution to the Federalist system our godly founders intended.
3. Fight Pro-Gun, Pro-Life, Pro-10th Amendment, Pro-Enforcement of existing Immigration Laws.
4. Eliminate the EPA, Department of Education, Department of HHS, IRS, Funding of Obamacare and Federal punitive regulations on business.
Recently there was a false document being circulated by Stockman’s campaign. The tweet was caught by the reporter below. It is not the first time Stockman is involved in dishonest campaigning. He reportedly has had people work for him who have contributed to his campaign, against the rules.
February 11 H/T Pedro Rivera, Tea Party ActivistEndorsements from Stovall’s FB (Texans for Stovall): Nacogdoches Tea Party Stand Across America Young Republicans of Houston (straw poll win) Republican Liberty Caucus of CD 36 (straw poll win) Katy LiberTea… Grassroots America – We the People Southern Conservative Kaufman Tea Party Pearland Tea Party Facebook Tea Party TeaParty911 Montague County Tea Party Sam Houston Tea Party (straw poll win) Cass County Tea Party Wichita Falls Tea Party (2 separate straw poll wins) Lake Jackson Tea Party (straw poll win) Ellis County (straw poll win) Tri-County Tea Party Clearlake Tea Party Overpasses for Obama’s Impeachment Alvin Tea Party Nacogdoches County Republican Club (straw poll win) Firefighters for Liberty EIGHT out of EIGHT straw poll wins.****
An influential group of tea partiers said in an open letter Thursday they’re no longer backing Rep. Steve Stockman, R-Texas, in his primary challenge against Republican Sen. John Cornyn. That, however, doesn’t mean they’re getting behind Cornyn — instead, they’re backing businessman Dwayne Stovall in next week’s primary. Tea Partiers backing Stovall
Stovall needs your help to restore the Constitution as our founding fathers envisioned it, and to get Government out of our schools, businesses and private lives. — Donate or do whatever you can to his grassroots campaign. Dwayne needs funds for radio ads– How you can help
A great picture of Maria Espinoza-Lyng (who endorsed Stovall) and Tea Party Activist friends in Texas.