By Isabel Matos
“Rand Paul Talks About Amnesty With GOP Infiltrator Norquist While Sarah Palin Calls for Humanitarian Action for ‘Man-caused Illegal Immigration Disaster”. That could have been the title but it really is the story of the week – that is if you are enjoy seeing dirty politicking and corruption by weak-knee’d phonies like Rand Paul exposed. We have been telling you so! That picture above of illegals crossing by the thousands is a scene from the Rio Grande yesterday. Watch how Rand Paul has dealt with this critical issue.
After all is said and done more is said than done. Rand Paul is no exception. It was just a matter of time before we would see Rand and Grover get together over amnesty. Sorry. “I.m.m.i.g.r.a.t.i.o.n. Reform”. After all, Rand Paul has been playing with this fire for a while. His comments come out of a meeting held this past Wednesday following the Virginia primary. The conference call included Michael Bloomberg’s “Partnership for a New American Economy”. (By the way Michael Bloomberg dished out $250,000 to a Thad Cochran SuperPac in addition to the Chamber of Commerce which supports only candidates who agree to amnesty or “immigration reform”. The C o C is buying $300,000 in ads to help Cochran beat Chris McDaniel who endorsed a Grover-style NO amnesty pledge in the June 24th runoff. That runoff is a needless circus brought to you courtesy of the GOPe who met as well with NRSC in DC to help out Cochran who’s a freak show unto himself) -before Cantor lost.
The call was scheduled before Eric Cantor’s defeat on Tuesday which caught everyone off guard. Brat campaigned on free markets and constitutional principles but used Cantor’s immigration issue to drive his message home. It was done effectively; however, Paul and Norquist did not attribute Brat’s victory to being a referendum on amnesty. Instead they agreed Lindsey Graham had won in South Carolina -the same night- by running on comprehensive immigration reform.
Immigration may not have been “the paramount issue” in Eric Cantor’s crushing primary loss.
“It’s a mistake to try to paint it and decide that one issue decided this,” he said.
Yeah yeah yeah.. He added that the GOPe is bound by the word amnesty:
“We’ve been somewhat trapped by rhetoric and words, and amnesty’s a word that has kind of trapped us,” he said, adding that some people think it means giving undocumented immigrants a right to vote, while others say it means allowing them to obtain legal status without a penalty.
Others, he added, think it simply means not deporting those who came to the United States illegally.
“We’re trapped in a word that means different things to different people.”
Really? The only thing trapping Rand Paul is his answering to the likes of the Chamber of Commerce, Mitch McConnell and Grover Norquist. Rand Paul is hung up on language because he want to get it right. The money so he can run. It doesn’t matter what he means. That’s why he’s like a crazed man talking…
He voted against S.744 Immigration Bill but he says he has always been for immigration reform. I say he did it because Marco Rubio got grilled by Sarah Palin, and his rivalry with Rubio is big enough for him to care; otherwise, he would have. He said his amendment included beefed up border security but was rejected.
“I’ve always said that I’m for it. I just want to be part of the process. I don’t feel like anybody really wanted my vote because they never considered any of my suggestions.”
“If you want immigration reform, there has to be openness to compromise,” he said, adding that there’s also a group “entrenched” on the other side who won’t vote for any reform measures.
(I’d like to ask Senator Paul if he is referring to us as the “other side”. It’s almost like “extreme nativist” Cantoresque-style speak. Just wondering.. Anyway..)
He also commented on the recent influx of young people from Central America who U.S. law prohibits from deporting back to their countries.
He speculated that some immigrants are coming to join the military.
“This is a complicated part of immigration reform. Do I have sympathy if you served in our military and we ought to find a place for you in our country? Absolutely,” he said. “But do I want to send a signal to everybody in Mexico that if you come and join our military, you get to be a citizen? That’s a bad signal.”
“None of this is really easy,” he added.
Contrast those thoughts to Sarah Palin’s righteous FURY and admonishment of Republicans and Democrats who have talked a good talk but all but turned their backs on a real humanitarian crisis at the Border in Texas has met silence. There seems to be ZERO moral outrage over it on the part of Rand Paul, a typical Rino!
Considering Rand Paul is running for president (obsessively so to the point he does not make sense and he can’t shut up), he would be unfit to lead. He does not have the instincts to deal with a crisis. Like other Republican Senators, he has exploited “reform” to score political points but done nothing to help the situation NOW. Sarah’s rightfully sickened by it. He’s the perfect example (I’m not reading her mind, this is my opinion) of what Sarah Palin was railing against yesterday.
Rand Paul is small and timid. His response is as ridiculous and as out of touch as Thad Cochran who said he did not know what happened on Tuesday when asked. It’s as if none of this was even happening to Paul. He is so fixated on his verbiage and positions taken, that he has all but forgotten to connect at all.
It’s hard to keep up with all the neck breaking flip flops Paul has made. Before the Virginia Primary he had said that any candidate endorsed by the Chamber of Commerce was not presidential material. Excuse my “French-American”, WTF? He said:
Chamber of Commerce is fine, I was a member of the Chamber of Commerce, but a Chamber of Commerce Republican is not going to win a national election,” Paul said on Saturday,
What more does one need to see he is and always has been a phony. Most of you see it. Please share the news with others. Start posting these articles on your Timelines and get others involved in the discussion. We are being subjected to one crippling crisis after another in great part because of duplicitous sellouts like him. It’s time to open up and push the political conversation more. Let’s list some of his maniacal doublespeak and questionable judgement and actions.
- He has ties to creepy Norquist.
- He endorsed corrupt Mitch McConnell.
- He is staying out of the race in Mississippi.
- He is for “immigration reform” but against “amnesty” and complains that journalists are misrepresenting his positions like this one: His comments in support of amnesty were made at the University of Chicago’s Institute of Politics, to David Axelrod, former top advisor to Obama, now the Institute’s director. One writer just put it this way: It’s so complicated what is amnesty anyway? Just break free of the A-word and embrace more meaningful and descriptive terminology like “Comprehensive immigration reform” or “Man-caused illegal immigration disasters.
- He is for outreach to Hispanics; however he offended Hispanics with his pandering by calling for work visas for illegals.
- He was well received at the liberal University of California, Berkeley.
- He has been saying since last year the GOPe needs to evolve and adapt (into what I always asked).
- He said “We’re going to be one big happy family” before the Texas Primary. He said he would not get involved in incumbent races and did so with Ted Cruz who he compromised in a joint appearance and who promised the same in the interview with Hannity one month before the Texas primary . Cornyn won and so did McConnell. So what kind of outsider is Rand Paul?
- He made a cameo in Lamar Alexander’s campaign ad at the bottom of the page.
- He has extended invitations to Chris Christie for a beer and has defended Jeb Bush’s “act of love”. In the same jaw-breaking breath he would love an endorsement from Sarah Palin.
- He dismissed Mitch McConnell’s vow to crush the tea party by saying it was just “things are said in campaigns that are not intended” (go to 1:23 mark on the video clip).
- He is apparently going to help out Susan Collins in her campaign.
- He is reaching out to black voters based on previous issues in his own staff was let go for comments made that were racially questionable. He got testy in this interview when the matter was brought up. Please don’t miss it!
- He appeared at the TEXAS convention but is not from Texas. He was there only to promote himself. Grover Norquist re-tweeted a picture of him on June 6th.
- His message has not been conservative. How does that help recruit conservatives? He sells out to reach out.
- He has met with George P. Bush and has ties to Karl Rove who he has received support from.
- His campaign has ties to American Crossroads and Americans for Tax Reform.
- McConnell’s campaign manager, Jesse Benton, who is under FBI investigation, has been tapped for Rand’s 2016 presidential run .
- He is against Voter ID.
- He got an earful on May 20th for cheering on McConnell.
- He may have been the reason why Amy Kremer left the Tea Party Express. I wrote about that.
- His collaboration with Mitch McConnell had been long standing even though even though he used the Tea Party Express to hide it as Sal Russo’s family is involved in his RandPAC.
- You can press any one of these links: TPX, Rand Paul’s Ties, Florida to see how he helped corrupt the process by inserting himself in races we lost.
- He is Karl Rove’s wish come true. Last year Rove was quoted saying “We need fewer Christine O’Donnell’s and more Rand Pauls. Don’t fret or worry. Paul is a walking-talking train wreck. He is unraveling before our eyes. Just like Rubio met his fate after pushing for Immigration Reform in 2013, this year is Rand Paul’s turn.
- Today Rand Paul said:
Republicans need to nominate a different kind of candidate to win the presidency.
“You guys have a strong force here but frankly the president won Iowa twice so we can’t do the same old same old,” the Kentucky senator told the Iowa Republican state convention here. “The definition of insanity is thinking the same thing will get you different results.”
Well.. He is unable to be decisive on anything he says. Does that make him a Libertarian? A bad liar? Or a loon? Insanity can go both ways especially if you are detached from the human condition. Rand can’t help himself. He is both driven, arrogant but clownish.. a train wreck no matter what. He tweeted this silly picture of his socks, (shows where his mind seems to be while Rome is burning as they say.) What an odd little world he lives in, totally disregarding what’s REALLY important. He’s not the kind of guy we would want or need to run the country in time of crisis (one who helped cause the crisis we find ourselves in in the first place):
RAND PAUL CAMEO in LAMAR ALEXANDER’s ad: