By Isabel Matos
UPDATE: I am pleased to announce the clip above has received 710 views as of today, 9/29/2014. I’m also happy to add Sarah Palin’s Conservative Tenets (In English) taken from Palin4President 2016 Blogspot, followed by a commentary.
- “We believe that Washington, D.C. needs to take less of our money. It needs more scrutiny, fewer bureaucrats, and it needs a reminder of the principles laid down in the Constitution that our leaders swear to defend. Furthermore, we believe crony capitalism is infecting both sides of the aisle in D.C. We’re working really hard to root it out of our party.”
- “We believe in science and God’s magnificent creation overflowing with natural resources. That means we have a responsibility to honor Him by protecting the earth as we develop our resources in an environmentally sound way for mankind’s use.”
- “We believe the Internet shouldn’t be censored by the world’s tyrants. That means President Obama should reverse his disastrous decision to hand over control of Internet domain names to the U.N., where it will come under the thumb of authoritarian regimes like Russia and China.”
- “We believe in lifting Americans out of poverty and into sustainable jobs. That means government needs to butt out of employer-employee pay issues. And quit over-regulating business and increasing taxes. It drives up operating costs –that’s what affects wages. We believe in America where minimum-wage jobs are not lifetime gigs. They are stepping stones to a good job with sustainable wages. It teaches work ethic. We believe in helping Americans climb the economic ladder, not get stuck on the first rung. A strong economy with good-paying jobs comes from free enterprise, not from a top-down, bloated, big-government, command-and-control economy.”
- “We believe that students learn to not make decisions that result in a lot of debt. And we believe that schools need to be more accountable for the insane increase in tuition… and their insane curriculum–many of ’em. It’s no accident, Elizabeth, that the rise in tuition corresponds with the rise in government intervention. More government isn’t the answer.”
- “We believe a pension is a promise. It must be honored. We do that by using common sense and prioritizing budgets that once and for all will end waste and fraud and the crony capitalism and the stupid political decisions that are bankrupting our nation. We believe that in order to keep faith with future generations and fulfill our current commitments to our seniors, well, we must enact sensible entitlement reform.”
- “We believe in equal pay for equal work. And President Barack Obama should abandon his hypocritical practice of paying women less than men in his campaigns, in his administration, and in the White House.”
- “We believe that all men and women are created equal. They claim that we are not tolerant? Well, we believe that tolerance goes both ways. That means respecting people’s right to disagree with you, instead of trying to intimidate or silence us. We believe the answer to free speech that you find offensive is more free speech, not less.”
- “We believe that legal immigration helped make this country strong and vibrant. And that means welcoming law-abiding, hard-working immigrants who wish to come here legally and pledge their allegiance to the United States of America. Furthermore, we believe, as none other than Cesar Chavez believed, that illegal immigration hurts the country. It unfairly hurts working-class Americans of all races, all backgrounds who are seeking good-paying jobs, security for their families.”
- “We believe women have a right to their bodies, just as babies have a right to their living, breathing bodies nestled in a mother’s womb. And anyone who wants contraception, more power to you. Continue to freely buy any kind you want, no one is stopping you. We’ll fight for the right of private businesses, including Hobby Lobby, to work with you to figure out health-care coverage themselves in any way the owners of these businesses (that they built themselves) want to, knowing that government intervention just always screws everything up. We believe that religious liberty is enshrined in our Constitution, remember? The government has no right to coerce people to violate their religious beliefs. And if they try to take any of our Constitutional rights away, we will fight for them.
- “We conservatives believe, as Ronald Reagan said, that you can’t be for big taxes, big government, big bureaucracy and still be for the little guy,” “We stand with the little guy, who is being bullied and beaten down by the progressive left’s failed policies. We stand for free men and free markets–the twin ideals that made this nation strong, peaceful, and prosperous. We say, God Bless America.”
Patriotic Journal (Entry updated 9/29/2014)
As I posted the link above in different places today, people asked for the English translation! In case you haven’t heard, Sarah Palin launched her own T.V. Channel on the Internet: SarahPalinChannel.com. I;ve been testing reaction to this effort, and it has been overwhelmingly positive. I am liking what I’m doing for a change as the GOPe can get depressing, but then I thought: what better way to get back at the GOPe than to start appealing to Hispanics who really believe in the Constitution and the principles upon which this country was founded, Hispanics like Sarah Palin’s endorsee Gabriela Saucedo?!
In all, doing these tapes has been inspired by the attractive way Sarah delivers her politics. My first Hispanic viewer said she loved it, and that she finally understood what the fuss over Sarah Palin has been. That means that Sarah has a great delivery, a great message and she is the best messenger for it.
The delivery in Spanish matters. No one can speak for her as well as she can speak for herself, she just needed the voice over to connect with Spanish speakers in a way to me she knows best: one-on-one. People need to connect with a person, not just words on a page and that is what made me start this now and not before. It’s becoming a fun hobby. Please feel free to give me feedback but remember this is for fun at this moment but I happen to think it’s a good idea. Here’s an update on clips published in Spanish, from most to least viewed:
(710) Elizabeth Warren http://youtu.be/x_GQ30on-qA
(186) I can See Russia Back in the News http://youtu.be/_C_65naapVk
(179) It is Time to Impeach http://youtu.be/6mptz8zMjok
(153) Military Merit Badge to Purple Heart http://youtu.be/cXmmDxrcwNE
(118) Mom, Dad, Happy Anniversary http://youtu.be/Up027L-5cpE
(140) Sarah Palin Launches SPC http://youtu.be/3ygATHngfRA
(072) Sarah Palin: Stopping ISIS http://youtu.be/Ten8ssyFhh0 ** new **
(057) Special Teachers for Special Kids http://youtu.be/MJKbRdpxdlM
This post was first published Aug 12, 2014. Since then, from most recent to first:
Sarah Palin Channel is free for the first two weeks. It is $9.95 a month or $99.95 per year to subscribe. You can cancel your subscription at any time and without penalty. If you’re active in the Military you have free membership.
Membership includes being able to interact with Sarah either through your comments on Discus (just today she read members’ comments and shared her thoughts on them for a good ten minutes), or video chat. You can load your own videos or speak directly into a camera from your computer with your questions, which she may answer. In addition to speaking with Sarah directly and listening to all her videos, you can upload up to 10 minutes of the standard definition videos on the Channel for personal use. Sarah Palin posts free sample videos from the Channel on her Facebook Timeline, but for actual one-on-one and to have your comments read, you need to sign up as a member.
This is one of two member-subsidized web sites by Tapp Media. Tapp Media will be involved in ventures with other media venues as well as a different subject matter (I am assuming not political, but it is just a guess). Sarah controls all the content selected on the channel. Read more here for all SPC Information.
Update 9/29/2014: Mark Levin Torches Elizabeth Warren over Israel Remarks